Thursday, June 26, 2008

MEMORIES OF ROYAL FAMILY KIDS CAMP

BEFORE I WENT….
Anxiety of not knowing what to expect.
Feelings of self doubt. (Would I be able to do this?)
Will they like me?
Will I like them?
Will they be too broken or scared to enjoy Camp?
What will the sleeping arrangements be?
Will I be able to sleep?
Can I physically keep up?

AFTER I WAS THERE….
Seeing all the volunteers excited and nervous just like me.
Watching how God matched buddy counselors together.
The excitement building as decorations went up.
The campers arriving….which ones were mine?
Getting them settled in their rooms.
Our first meal together.
Chapel Time with Chad.

WHAT BLESSED ME THE MOST….
Watching my husband as God used and blessed him.
The children praising and singing.
Squeals and Laughter.
Shamu chasing the girls on the water slide.
Coffee at 6am.
Hot showers.
Learning more about myself and the other staff.
Great Food.
Being Part of God’s Team.
The Birthday Boxes.
Hands going up in our room with answers to work book questions.
Hugs.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE SO MUCH….
Bugs.
Hard beds.
Stairs.
Bugs.
Long hikes up hills (both ways)
Tie dye ink on my fingers.
Syrup on my shirt from sticky fingers that stayed all day.
Bugs.
Saying Goodbye.

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

I'm so glad it was a good experience for you. I might like to do this when my kids get old enough to be away from me for a week.

Delena said...

I'm so glad you went. Good for you. Glad you had a pretty good time. ;)

Unknown said...

My exact words - better said by you. I enjoyed being with you and Dan so much - so much laughter! HA!I'll never forget it. Oh ya ... and the ELEPHANT! OMG!!!! Love you so much!