Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spacing Out.....


Yesterday I got my Spacers put in. They are small blue things that look like Rubber Bands and are put in place between some of your Molars to make room prior to having the "Bands" (Braces) put on. I only had to have 5 instead of 8 (Thank God!) The assistant who was supposed to put them in was not able to get them through my teeth, so she had to call the Orthodontist over to do it. He told me that he only does about 4 patients a year. If you want to know what it feels like, floss your teeth with a rubber band and then leave it in between your teeth. Try to eat while chewing on this little piece of rubber. Try to keep you tongue from touching the piece of rubber. After awhile, the soft little rubber band feels like a huge piece of wood wedged in there and your tongue gets real sore. I am told that this is the hardest part. 12 days and counting………

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - does it hurt yet???????

Delena said...

Ack! So glad its not me.

Melissa said...

Two words:
excedrin migraine OR
rum & coke
LOL..hope they feel better soon