Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A FACE THIS MIMI CAN LOVE....


After a long weekend of Children's Christmas Program Dress Rehearsal and 2 performances, Dan, Myself and Kristine headed down I-5 towards Medford. What awaited me was something I could not have dreamed of. I was able to see my Beautiful daughter Jennifer and her precious family. Kara and Curtis were waiting for us to arrive at the church where funeral services were for their dear friend and colleage Ryan Bartlett. Kara was saving a chair for me in the fellowship hall where we had a nice lunch prepared for us by the church there. She had her hand on the chair and said; "This ones for you"
Sigh...my heart was (and is ) so Very happy. Curtis was not feeling well and had been running some high fevers since arriving in the States. After a good nights sleep and some Motrin, he was doing a little better on Tuesday morning. Here they are hanging out with Kristine and I in our Hotel room.

We spent the morning at breakfast playing "I spy with my little eye". It was So much fun. They have these precious British/South African Accents. I've never been to either place, but that's the best I can do to describe it. They experienced a little culture shock after arriving in the States. They have no memory of shopping Malls or escalators and they were Amazed by the Hotel "Lift". The Automatic Doors at the hotel were quite impressive to them as well. Oh, we also learned to not ask them if they need to use the bathroom....it's called the "toilet."
They are being blessed and provided with a house and cars in the Marysville/Arlington area. Krisitne was able to hang out with them a bit today, and Dan will get to see them a bit since he is working and staying in the Seattle area now. I will see them the week of Christmas and as many times as I can before they leave next month. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support during this trying time. God has blessed us by this little "Gift" of their visit. Have a Great Week!

4 comments:

Wentworth Family Blog said...

Oh that is wonderful that you were able to see your family!

Delena said...

I know the circumstances suck, but I'm so glad you get to see them. And I totally want to hear their little accents.

dawn klinge said...

I remember your little grandson from when they came to visit before they left for Africa. I watched him in the nursery (what a cutie). I'm so glad you get to see them again.

Melissa said...

they are just sweet, Pam. i'm so glad you get to see your family.